How did Jim get where he’s at today?
Jim’s social media experience and research started more than 24 years ago. He was a desperate 18-year-old kid who had many ideas on success but could not find anyone to listen. Inside a clunky, big, grey box called a desktop computer, he found an audience and a trajectory.
After his school’s librarian taught a handful of students, including Jim, how to use the computer, he stumbled upon AOL message boards and eventually Yahoo Chat groups.
Jim happened upon a message board called “small business.” No one judged him. Even though he was an 18-year-old kid living in a Pennsylvania coal town of 13,000 people, everyone listened. He started to enroll customers and distributors into ACN. It was amazing.
While there weren’t as many people online in the 1990s as there are today, Jim still connected with an average of 30 new people each week.
Because Mark rapidly expanded Jim’s knowledge of network marketing and direct sales and with Jim’s ability to never run out of people to talk to using social media, he personally enrolled 600 distributors for a company called Legacy for Life in only two years. Even more thrilling, 40% of the top distributors based on personal production were on his team. He coached these distributors how, where, and when to use the elements of social media as they built businesses.
Mark influenced Jim to push forward with social media when he said, “We aren’t ready yet for this computer thing. But one day, when someone can figure out how to build real relationships online the way we do face to face, that company will build the largest network marketing company in the world.”
Summa Social taught businesses how to build relationships on social media sites that generated sales.
- within their first year they helped a 100+ small businesses with their social media management, campaigns, and content creation and trained over 1,000 businesses through seminars
- by year two, they had helped over 250 small businesses and trained in excess of 5,000 businesses
- and by year three, they had assisted more than 400 small businesses and trained 18,000 businesses
In their second year, Summa Social built software to manage social media content, post scheduling, and marketing to support 8,000 businesses.
Two of their most influential projects were co-managing 4,000 apartment complexes on Facebook with their ForRent.com partnership and working with Dr. Mikel Harry, co-creator of the world-renowned Six Sigma. Six Sigma helps companies maximize their efficiency and increase profit.
A few months later, and for personal reasons relating to the ViSalus product line, she joined a new company called Zurvita. At Zurvita, her team produced $23,000 in product sales during the first 30 days by using social media. She accomplished this feat with a new team of distributors, using the new simplified version of our social media system, and during one of the slowest times of the year for network marketing companies—December.
His time at Zurvita sparked the inspiration to write his first book, Network Marketing for Facebook, which became an Amazon #1 best-seller.
Social media is always updating, changing, and expanding. So, too, are the lives and demands of those who use it daily to interact with friends and for business. Jim’s inspiration to develop a system came from the blessing of being friends with the co-creator of Six Sigma, Dr. Mikel Harry. Marianne and Jim worked with more than 750 businesses over four months with dozens of different products and services in 30 countries. They shared Jim’s social media system with Dr. Mikel Harry for his review and the unthinkable happened — he wanted to endorse the social media system.
Dr. Mikel Harry’s friendship opened Jim’s eyes to the importance of sequence, timing, and process when developing simple systems that yield maximum success. You’ll find Six Sigma’s philosophy throughout this system.
Jim wishes that this social media epiphany had happened overnight. He says he’d have more hair today. But seeing the early versions of social media has provided him a better sense of what’s going to survive in the future. The past ten years have mainstreamed the acceptance of social media as a job, and he has experienced nothing but success. Jim is giving you the keys to a door — it took him more than two decades to unlock — so you can become successful right away.
Join Students From More Than 100 US Cities and 96 Countries Now
Become Part of Social Point of View to never run out of people to talk to for your business.
ONLY $9.97 a month to be part of our nurturing community and includes FREE tuition!
- Hands-on learning by watching Jim Lupkin use our proven social media system to build a business
- A series of 100+ videos unlike any business training you’ve seen before and filmed to capture the essence of one-on-one mentorship, Jim’s videos will feel like time spent with an old friend
- 24/7 support system in an active Facebook group where supplemental learning takes place in the form of interactive group sessions
- Stimulating content that includes unprecedented access to the rich and varied experiences—and lessons—from one of the most successful Social Influencers of our time
- Discussions about changes in social media and how these changes impact your business
- Network with like-minded people and ask questions to create a breakthrough in your business
- A talented, social media team dedicated to ensuring your learning experience is seamless
This service is a recurring monthly subscription, which means you will be billed automatically every month unless you cancel.